5-7 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 large size red or yellow onion, diced
4 stalks of fresh rosemary
1handful of fresh basil leaves
1 can of 3kg tomato pulp pelati (I'm using San Paolina brand)
1 liter of water
2 teaspoon of Tabascco or birds chilli juice if you like it spicy - this is totally optional
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
White Pepper, to taste
Honey, to taste
1) In a large stockpot, heat up the olive oil and saute garlic & onion until light brown. Add in 2 stalks of rosemary till you can smell the beautiful fragrance.
2) Pour in the tomato pulp pelati with 1 liter of water. Cook well under medium heat. Keep on stirring frequently so the bottom part will not burned. Let it simmer and then cool it off about 1-2 hours.
3) In a food processor, blend the cooled cooked tomato sauce 1 or 2 cups at a time, to the texture you desire. I preferred it a little bit coarse so I'd taste the tomato chunks. Place it in a new stockpot.
4) Under low heat, add in salt, black pepper, white pepper and honey to taste. Please add all the seasoning gradually, we don't want the sauce to be too salty or too spicy or too sweet.
4a) At this point you might probably want your sauce to be spicy, so you may add tabasco or birds chilli juice.
5) When it almost boil, add in the balance of the (2) rosemary and basil leaves. Switch off the heat and let it cool off completely before you keep it for future use. You may use it immediately, too!