1 teaspoon of dried thyme or handful of fresh thyme leaves
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
2 stick of celery, roughly cut
1 stick of large leek, roughly cut
1 liter of chicken/vegetable stock
1 cup of dried porcini, soak with hot water until soft, tossed & roughly chopped.
500g of mixed wild mushrooms (i.e shiitake, oyster, de mort, chanterelles), cleaned & sliced.
200g of white button mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
600ml liter of cooking cream
salt & pepper to taste
knob of butter
1) In large stock pot, saute garlic, onion with olive oil until it turn slightly light brown, not burned.
2) Add in thyme, celery and leek and stir until it become soft.
3) Pour in the chicken or vegetable stock, simmer under medium heat.
4) Add in the porcini and all the mushrooms, under medium heat, bring to boil.
5) Lower the heat and then add the cooking cream, salt & pepper to taste.
6) Leave it at the lowest heat for good 15-30 minutes or it reduced a little.
7) Off the heat, put in the butter. Let it cool off for an hour in the stock pot.
8) Roughly blend the soup to the texture that you desire.
*You may it need to reboil again before serve.
**You may serve it with normal toasts or foccacia bun or any kind of bread with butter.